Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

I am concerned about my refund of £1000 that Tigrent who sell…

I am concerned about my...
I am concerned about my refund of £1000 that Tigrent who sell their product under the name of Rich Dad Education which I signed up to on 12/8/12 but cancelled the transaction within the alloted 72 hours and they had sent me an e-mail to state that I have to sign an undertaking that they have dealt with me to my complete satisfaction and only then will they refund my deposit minus" administration costs" as this was "Company Policy" and that after 45 days that I shall receive a cheque.How can I sign such an undertaking when I have not received my refund and the 45 days have now elapsed?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2012
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

Buachaill :

1. At this stage I would advise you to get yourself a solicitor to write to Tigrent requesting your refund. It will cost you about €50 to do so, but you need to apply pressure to them to get them to pay. Alternatively, if you wish, you can seek to institute legal proceedings yourself in the District Court under their Small Claims procedure seeking payment. This is a simplified procedure so you will be able to do it yourself. Here is al link to how the procedure is utilised http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrentweblookuptopnav/small%20claims%20procedure. You can use the Application Form to make your claim. If you need further help, try one of the offices of the independent free Law Centres entitled FLAC. Go to www.flac.ie and find a centre near you. They will help you on a without charge basis to recover your money.

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Customer:

Should I send them an e-Mail stating that I shall take them to the small claims court initially or do you think that this is futile?

Buachaill :

2. I would definitely advise you to formally write to them and tell them you will institute legal proceedings against them if they don't pay up. I would send it by email, but I would also send it in letter form, as an email can be easily ignored.

Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer