Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

Iwas regulary taking equipment from my company home.I was taking

Customer Question
that not in discreet manner.that...
Iwas regulary taking equipment from my company home.I was taking that not in discreet manner.that was done for the purpose of testing capabilities of gear and creating proper use procedures for inexperienced staff as I had no time during working week. I was doing that free of charge to company.it is common practice that people take equipment homehome prior to work and very often do not bother to bring it to the office after work day going straight home.
the company mangement is pressing charges against me now, accusing me in unauthorised possesion of company equipment. I am managing that department which is in charge of equipment used by my department and I am who responsible of correct equipment functionality. I did not use equipment assigned to other departments.

I am full time employed since 2004. No bad records in the company.in 2008 company applied 10% pay cut and in 2009 another 10% so total my wages are short 20 % now. the second pay cut agreement was agreed between me and the company only for period 3 month. wages never were reviewed since then. my contract statement still has original amount of wages before paycuts. during last two years company is sacking using different methods full time employed staff entitled paycut review and hiring temporaly one which is continuously employed without any rights. I can get as withneses 3 previous managers of my department which were forced to resign. company refused to upgrade its IT equipment in my department so I constantly had to use my private computer and electricity to avoid failure of projects delivery for the company.

there is point in the piece of paper called contract which says I have no right to do any business within 30 km from the company office. My wife has a small limited company and she appointed me as one of directors.

they chosen this moment as my wife just had a baby so my family is quite vulnerable for such events at this moment.

how I can protect myself and how can I press any charges against them to get my redundancy and paycuts back from them. Is that point in the contract about distance restrictions legal ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
10/8/2012
Solicitor: Wendy-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Wendy-Mod
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

i am ok to wait

Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Fran-mod
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Solicitor: Wendy-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. However, as one of our valued customers, you are more than welcome to ask another question.

Please accept our sincere apology.
Ronan
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor