Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Hello, I have 3 neigbours around my house with very noisy dogs.

Customer Question
I have reported to my...
Hello, I have 3 neigbours around my house with very noisy dogs. I have reported to my landlord and tried to contact dogs police, no help of them. the dogs are barking anytime day or night, they are from boath side of my garden, and when I bring my 20 months daughter out in the garden, the dogs scares her..imposible to use our garden for fresh air.. Please, give me some advise what to do..
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
10/5/2012
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

Buachaill :

1. In this situation you need to make a complaint to the Environmental Officer for the local county council or local authority. Under the Noise Pollution legislation, it is the local authority or county council which has enforcement powers. In local authoritys and county councils these powers are delegated to the Environmental Officer. The Environmental officer is charged with ensuring that any nuisance such as this is properly policed and brought to a stop. Secondly, be aware that you can under the Pollutions Acts bring a private prosecution y ourself against the owners of these dogs charging them with bringing an end to this continuous noise and barking. However, you will need a solicitor for this approach. This makes it a more expensive option. I would recommend you initially seek to get the Environmental Office of the local county council to sort it out.

Please RATE the answer positively so that I may get paid