Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

should i tell my employer about the drink driving offense

10/1/2012
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

Buachaill :

1. If the Garda vetting form is for your employer, then disclosure of it may be best as it will only come up. But only disclose it if you are asked. There is no point in voluntarily disclosing something to your employer which is very much in the past and which is not of any major significance to your job. But at the same time you should not be seen to be hiding something which will come up anyway.

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Customer:

when you say disclose it if asked, it was asked on the form that i filled out today..its with the comptroller and audit general, i am an accountant/auditor..and it has no major significance to my job..but at the same time maybe it would be better to come clean about something they will see anyway

Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

2. I would advise you to come clean about it as it is really of minor significance. Very many people have drink driving convictions and it is not viewed in a harsh light.

Buachaill
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer