Edward
Edward, Attorney
Experience:  ERJ Contracting
105814639

Have a question about photography copyright in the state of

Hi. Have a question about photography copyright in the state of georgia pre 1979
JA: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i don't know what registration you are asking about
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer? What documentation do you have?
Customer: no i have not and i'm not sure what documentation you are asking about documentation of what?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.

Greetings,

Can you provide some details about your copyright situation?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi. Yes, my uncle gave me photos and told me he took them - he is now deceased.
His ex wife is saying she took them. They were taken between 1974-1979. Curious what the copyright laws are for photos taken at this time
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
His ex wife is saying she took them. They were taken between 1974-1979. Curious what the copyright laws are for photos taken at this time.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hello

Does his wife have any proof she took them? Without proof, since the possession of the photos were in his hands, and now to you, she has no basis for making the claim that initial copyright ownership was with her.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't know what proof she would have. W
. she is saying she asked for them in the divorce but he said they were stolen out of the car. they were divorced in the late 1980's. Of course no one in our family ever heard this story and my uncle was as prolific photographer.

Without a will, a letter correspondence or some other form of document showing she has ownership, I don't see how she can establish a claim.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
agree. thank you.