Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

There is an online chat group (lets call it group X) where…

Customer Question
There is an online chat...
There is an online chat group (lets call it group X) where one person (the owner of group X) provides information about the cryptocurrency market to all chat members.
This person charges a large amount of money to join group X.
Similar to most things in the cryptocurrency space, the owner of group X does not have any terms and conditions or guarantees in place for the group or anything official in place, he simply asks people to send him payment in the form of cryptocurrency and in return you will be invited to group X.I am setting up my own chat group with a group of people who want the information in group X, but cannot afford it. Instead they will all pay me and in return I will share the information from group X with all the people that paid me.I would like to know:1. What is the best way I can stop or discourage the members of my group from discussing the information I share, with anyone outside the group?
2. Is there anything else I should do to protect myself in this situation from the owner of group X
3. Is there anything else I should do to protect myself in this situation from the paying members of my group
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
3/31/2018
IP Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - did you have to sign any terms and conditions to join group x?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi - thanks
No i did not
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi - i am looking for a resolution to all questions in the next 24 hours or so. If this is not possible please let me know.
IP Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 23 days ago

Is there a terms and conditions page on group x's page? Usually at the very bottom?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No there is no terms and conditions. Its just a chat group on the 'Telegram' app.

Okay - thank you for the information. To answer your questions directly - 1. You need to have members share non-disclosure agreements. Or do a generic non-disclosure terms and conditions page to your group. 2. It sounds like you do not need to worry about disseminating their information. 3. Make sure the members have agreed to the non-disclosure.

Then hope PRL, IOTA, and Vechain head to the moon

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer