Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I had a very quick question about a product design

Customer Question
Hello I had a...

Hello I had a very quick question about a product design infringing on TMNT, looking for a professional opinion on the matter

Lawyer's Assistant: What written documentation do you have?

I have a photo

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

Nop

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, concepting a plushie for a YouTube Minecraft character, the character is a turtle. See Turtle_PLUSH image for concept. We are concerned infringing on Teenage mutant ninja turtles and wondering if there are any grounds that they would have to sue. And if so, is there anything we can specifically change to avoid this.See image of TMNT here: https://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/tmnt.jpg?w=440
3/13/2018
IP Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It is distinctive and carries a different name. I do not see confusion in the market place.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** changes should be needed. If I were to go back to my client to verify they should not be worried which is your law office or name can I reference?
Our personal and customer informairon is private per site rules.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer