Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I've written song lyrics that are mated to previously

I've written song lyrics that...
I've written song lyrics that are mated to previously recorded and published musical scores. I understand that I have to receive permission from the owners of said musical scores in order to use such. Is that too difficult a task to even attempt? The lyrics are all relating to Carnival Cruise Lines and their 'Fun Ship' themes.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Not difficult to do. The issue will depend on whether they elect to allow and if they want to be paid upfront or as share proceeds.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I appreciate your response and like that it is 'not difficult to do'. Some of the musical scores have been used over and over again. Does that mean that each and every artist needs to be contacted?
No. Just the entity, which will either consent, negotiate or refuse.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you so much.
Good luck!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer