Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I want to file a copyright impingement against US Govt for…

Customer Question
I want to file a...
I want to file a copyright impingement against US Govt for using my idea without prividing royality. What are my rights here.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
3/7/2018
IP Lawyer: Robert McEwen, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Robert McEwen, Esq.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you clarify what they used? Was this a registered copyright (registered with the US Copyright Office)?

Before disclosing the secret, if they want to pay me royalty in my bank account not less than million dollars after tax. If so, I delay disclosing to you or any adverse people wo doesn’t want to know the info. It’s not blackmail, it’s is a outcry hidden anger ftom heart for ignoring value. No money, yes disclosure.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Is this thing that you're saying is used by them registered with the US Copyright Office? You're asking what your rights are, but I need to know these things first. I need to know how strong of a case you have, and that means I need to know (even generally speaking) what they copied in violation of copyright laws, and the status of your copyright registration with the US Copyright Office (if any).

Simply saying that you want a million dollars doesn't mean that you're going to get a million dollars. In fact, you might not get anything. But you're asking about your rights, and that's my job to tell you that.

There are certain things we get straight away. Somethings we have to infer. How much to build an Aircraft Carrier.

I still don't know what you're saying. Can you please clarify what they have infringed? Have you registered it with the US Copyright Office?

Who need to know already know. My question is first getting $1 million dollar after tax in my bank account without disclosing any info first. I just file lawsuit without disclosing what. They will identify what invention based on who filing law suit. It is about an invention to build an Aircraft Carrier from scratch if we lost it to an adversarial forces after disclosing it.
to adverse wather.
say a hurricane or storm

I don't think I can assist you as you're not answering my questions. What rights you have depend upon the answers to my questions, and if you're not answering my questions, I can't help you further. I will opt out of this question so that another expert might be able to assist further.

With that info said. It’s better you opt out to preserve the secrecy. You please identify another person, I will talk to him. One person should not know more details than this for the betterment of both parties. I just telling the options decision is yours.
IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, but everything you posted above makes no sense.

First of all, you cannot copyright or patent only an IDEA. Unless you have a working model or written documentation already copyrighted and can prove the government actually took your original work (not idea) you cannot pursue any copyright infringement or even patent infringement. For patent infringement, you need to prove that you actually invented something and produced it and filed for a patent on it. If you did not do so, then you cannot seek damages against the government.

Second, for copyright infringement, you have to prove that it was something in writing the government took from you and used word for word in commerce without your consent.

Again, "Ideas" alone are not capable of any protection under copyright or patent or even trademark, it must be a tangible item.

Oh Yeah. Please don’t act like z. like supporting corporates. I know the value if I disclose. Please arrange for financies instead of educating me. I heard many such educational lectures in each time I loose jobs, you guys favor corporations. The education is enough.
If I don’t get $1 million after tax royalty, I will disclose the idea to the third parties on how to make an Aircraft Carrier defend diasterous climates like extreme storm & hurricane & tornado on its way.

Thank you. I believe this site is not what you need as we cannot legally assist you further. You need to go see a local intellectual property attorney. You can contact customer service and get your deposit refunded.

We wish you the best of luck.