Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I submitted my new business name through Georgia Secretary…

Customer Question
I submitted my new...

I submitted my new business name through Georgia Secretary of State as a LLC. I received the confirmation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Found out out someone has been using the name for the pass 20years, but never registered the name. I Sent a cease and desist letter 6 months ago. But she will not take it off social media advertising. She continues to use the name.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Where and about what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What more can I do?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
12/20/2017
IP Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will be assisting you with your question. What state is the other party using the name?