Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

If i start printing t-shirt with text only saying something…

Customer Question
if i start printing t-shirt...
if i start printing t-shirt with text only saying something specific, that was not done by anyone that i have searched for or seen as of right now, and start selling it is it copyrighted or can others simply copy the same text im using on a tshirt?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
12/16/2017
IP Lawyer: DamienBosco, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienBosco
DamienBosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Copyright would be for the design of the T-shirt. Trademarks would be for a logo or words identifying a product. So, printing a t-shirt with text on it would be copyright protected but if the words are designed a certain way, then it could be copyright protected. Think artistic expression in physical form, that is copyright protected.

What I meant to say is, printing a t-shirt with text on it would be copyright protected if the words are designed a certain way. We can continue to discuss if you want to do so. Just let me know if you have any other questions. I can continue to assist you.

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

DamienBosco
DamienBosco
DamienBosco, Attorney