Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I recently received a letter about copyright infringement…

Customer Question
Hello, I recently received...

Hello, I recently received a letter about copyright infringement regarding a photo I had posted on my blog 2 years ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have a registration record?

Registration record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

No. I just got the letter in my mail this morning.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
The offending image has been deleted. I have no means to pay the licensing fee they are demanding ($15,000)
12/12/2017
IP Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Was it from a lawyer?
Mathew Higbee of Higbee & Associates
Removal of the image often suffices. Legal action is not filed unless image continues being posted and the offending party has means to pay.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Alex Reese
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer