Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I would like to trademark the brand name Bioasis for Health…

Customer Question
I would like to trademark...
I would like to trademark the brand name Bioasis for Health and Beauty products and Homegoods. This would be for sales on Amazon. Is there anything preventing me from being able to trademark it?Thanks,
Mary
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
12/5/2017
IP Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. Generally, registering a trademark is a relatively simple process. The first thing you need to do is to go to www.uspto.gov and make sure that there isn't already someone else who has registered your specific name. You can also click here to get a copy of the application. The application is called the Trademark Electronic Application System. The system will walk you through. The cost is usually about $275. The only thing that would cause problems is if Bioasis is already taken.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Thank you. I was hoping to have an attorney advise if they see anything that would prevent us from getting the name approved. I am aware of the USPTO site but I know that it is not as simple as your response said sometimes. I wanted legal advise in regards ***** ***** Bioasis was "all systems go" for getting approved. There is Bioasis tm on USPTO but they are not the same classification and there also are businesses online such as Desert Oasis, Refreshing Oasis and Moringa Oasis and some of those may be in the same classification we may want to register in. Thank you for any help.

Hi, I'm sorry to disappoint; however, only the USPTO would be able to tell you with 100% certainty whether all systems are go for that name. I can provide you what I think they'll decide if you provide me a link to your trademark and the trademarks that concern you.

Alex Reese
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer