Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

Can I create Christmas decorations of the Grinch Who Stole…

Customer Question
Can I create Christmas...

Can I create Christmas decorations of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas' original program and sell them without infringing on the copyright ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What written documentation do you have?

Absolutely none. I carve and paint gourds and have an incredible idea for a Christmas gourd based on the Grinch.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

No, nothing like that at all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
11/19/2017
IP Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, no. You would need to get permission from the copyright owner in order to proceed with your project.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Thank you!

You are quite Welcome!

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.