Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I purchased a beat from a producer, and now someone posted a…

Customer Question
I purchased a beat from...
I purchased a beat from a producer, and now someone posted a song with the beat for profit. What do I do?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
This is proof of purchase.
11/10/2017
IP Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Since you purchased an exclusive license, you are the only authorized licensee of the work (beat). Therefore, you will need to send the infringing party a cease and desist letter. Please click here for a sample cease and desist letter. This sample letter is designed to be used by a law firm, so you will need to make some minor changes, but it will work for your purposes.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi