Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

My business has a trademark registered in the US. We

Customer Question

Hi, my business has a trademark registered in the US. We transferred ownership of it to a new (family trust based) company. We were quoted a lot of money by a US firm to do the transfer of ownership and renewal documentation (the trademark is also up for renewal). I am going through the assignment of ownership application on the US patent and trademark a office website. I am stuck over the issue of what documentation to file in support of the application. I uploaded a full copy of the asset sale agreement but I am concerned about this becoming a public document. Can I do a stat dec instead? Can you help me with wording of it? I have emailed the USPTO for advice but now I have looked further I think they leave the decision over this up to the applicant. Look forward to your advice. John
JA: What's the invention's purpose?
Customer: The trademark is MATHOMAT. It's a mathematics drawing tool.
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: Not yet. We have about 10 trademarks, designs and a patent related to this done through Wadesons. However they will not give advice over the US trademark. The US firm who got the trademark for us in 2008 is quoting $5,000 US for this work, which is over the top,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. If they can help me self file in the US that would be great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Sydney-Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.