How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 42815
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a townhouse condo. The stack pipe in my basement

Customer Question

I live in a townhouse condo. The stack pipe in my basement malfunctioned. My neighbor's sink was overflowing with the contents. She is suing me for her deductibles and lawyer fees. Is it true that she cannot sue for legal fees?
Her unit was completely remodeled by the Association's insurance company. Can she sue me ($2,000 deductible and $3,000 attorney fees)?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

She can sue here but she may not prevail.You can dispute here claiming act of god and similar defenses.You would want to file a claim here disputing liability.If the Association paid a claim here arguably they are liable not you.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Answer forms to file and dispute.

You could try and settle here for a lesser amount and no lawyer fees.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.