Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I have an idea for an iOS app that acts as a database for…

Customer Question
Hello. I have an...

Hello. I have an idea for an iOS app that acts as a database for already published physical therapy tests & measures. But before I go through with developing this app, I want to make sure it won't be infringing on any copyright laws that the publishers may have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have a registration record?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will this cost me anything?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
9/6/2017
IP Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Just so you know, this isn't a free service. You pay $5 to post your question and another $41 for your interaction with me. You may also request a $59 phone call, but that is extra and optional. This is about 90% off my regular hourly fee. Would you like to continue?

no thank you

Not a problem. have a nice day!

IP Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Your app sounds exciting. I'm a different attorney. You need to contact an intellectual property attorney who can do a patent, trademark, and copyright search on your behalf.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer