Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have an idea for an iOS app that acts as a database for

Customer Question

Hello. I have an idea for an iOS app that acts as a database for already published physical therapy tests & measures. But before I go through with developing this app, I want to make sure it won't be infringing on any copyright laws that the publishers may have.
JA: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: I have not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will this cost me anything?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Just so you know, this isn't a free service. You pay $5 to post your question and another $41 for your interaction with me. You may also request a $59 phone call, but that is extra and optional. This is about 90% off my regular hourly fee. Would you like to continue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no thank you

Not a problem. have a nice day!

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

Your app sounds exciting. I'm a different attorney. You need to contact an intellectual property attorney who can do a patent, trademark, and copyright search on your behalf.