Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

DMCA subpoenas are only for copyright iinfrigement what

Customer Question
Hi DMCA subpoenas...

Hi DMCA subpoenas are only for copyright iinfrigement what about for Trademark infringment

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the trademark federally registered?

Yes for aabout 2 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

Trademark is fine. We are looking to serve a subpoena to eBay for trademark infringement of counter dit boots and would like a lawyer ton handle it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is no need to file a law suit according to eBay a subpoena so they refer who the seller is

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
8/9/2017
IP Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your legal intellectual property law question.

The DMCA pertains to infringing content posted on a webproviders' page. The take down notice is used to attribute liability to the web provider in addition to the person or entity in breach of a person's copyright.

In the case of infringement to your trademark you need to send a trademark infringement letter siting your registration details and the in the alleged infringement demanding the infringer to cease and desist from infringing your trademark rights.

You will need to start a civil complaint against the company before you can subpoena information.

It is possible for me to review your letter or any other element of your case as an additional service to this question and answer service; just let me know and I can make an offer available.

In relation to my answer today.

Remember now to rate positively before exiting.

This gives me a credit for my time and assistance.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thanks

Attorney Bill