Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

Im looking to copyright my car clud name and logo,

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hi. How can we...
Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: Im looking to copyright my car clud name and logo
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: Documentation
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: I came up wit a name and a designe
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wanted to own the desige
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
7/14/2017
IP Lawyer: Amadeo Rivera,
 replied 6 months ago
Amadeo Rivera

Hello. My name is Marcelo. I have been a practicing attorney for 17 years now. It seems like you may be talking about Trademarking, not Copyrighting. See this link to the US Copyright office, with answers to FAQ.

http://copyrightregistry-online-form.com/faq/

There is significant research that needs to be done to ensure that the name and/or design are not already protected and eligible for protection. There are a number of services on line, purporting to offer very inexpensive Trademarking services. I would recommend that you research these options and make an appointment with an attorney who knows Trademark/Copyright law, just to see what he or she might charge you. If I have answered your question, please accept my answer and provide a positive rating so I can receive compensation. If you require additional information, please let me know.

Amadeo Rivera
Amadeo Rivera
Amadeo Rivera