Daniel Kokhba
Daniel Kokhba,
Experience:  Partner at Kantor Davidoff
11313492

If several authors wrote a research paper, and the 1st

If several authors wrote a research paper, and the 1st author was contacted by a publisher to publish a printed book based on that research. Does the 1st author need to contact other co-authors for permission to publish such a book? What if the 1st author can't find the other co-authors anymore? And what else the 1st author needs to do? Thank you.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Yes, consent from all authors is required and author should contact the others for consent.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the helpful answer. What if the other authors don't agree to publish such a book? Are there any ways to work things out? Thank you.
All must agree
A court not likely to allow it without consent of all.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the information. When you say consent, does that mean the other authors agree that I publish such book by myself, or they agree to be co-authors of such book? Thanks.
If they are co authors they need the consent to republication
If not written yet no consent needed if you are sole author.
All authors of work need to consent