BusinessResourceLaw
BusinessResourceLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law at The Business Resource Law Office
98670757

I have a small business with a DBA called Arizona Blue Co,

Customer Question

I have a small business with a DBA called Arizona Blue Co, our logo etc does not have the "Co" at the end. I am about to trademark the name and was unsure if I need to file for both the names, with and without the Co at the end.
JA: Is the trademark federally registered?
Customer: That is what i am about to do, clean search but didn't know if I could register it as Arizona Blue, or if I should keep it as Arizona Bluc Co for the federal registration.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not Federal, local DBA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only other question would be regarding a trademarked product name that is registered by me.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
Good afternoon
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello. First time using this system.
Expert:  BusinessResourceLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.

You should apply for trademark registration for each way in which you actually use (or intend to use) your mark in connection with the sale of your products or services. So if you use your name both with and without the Co at the end, then you should register it both ways. Also, you should be applying for separate trademark registration of the logo.

I hope this has been helpful. If you have additional questions regarding the above please let me know and I'll be happy to assist. If you do not require further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my services so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Best of luck to you! Cheryl