Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I received a copyright infringement notice from a company in…

Customer Question
I received a copyright...

I received a copyright infringement notice from a company in Toronto CA. They apparently found a cartoon photo on my blog from 2014. I was unaware it was copyrighted. They are asking $2940.00, I'm in CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No is there a fee

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/8/2017
IP Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Are they citing Canadian copyright law, or, US copyright law? Or not, sure? You can attach a copy of the letter with your reply and I can take a look.

2) Yes, there is a fee for the answer. This is not a free site. Let me know if you wish to discontinue.