Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
10285032

If I would like to use a trademark logo of the NFL, MLB, NBA

Customer Question

Hi - If I would like to use a trademark logo of the NFL, MLB, NBA or NHL on my website - do I need to receive their approval?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to use any of those professional sport league or team logos on your site, on your products or in any publication in commerce, under the copyright laws you would require written permission from that particular league to use their marks.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am starting a consumer products review blog. I would like to know if I can use on my site pictures of the products I will be reviewing or if I need to obtain permission from the company.

Thank you for your reply.

Are you the one taking the pictures? If they are not pictures you took, ordinarily they may be pictures requiring copyright consent, if you are using only a portion of a picture to illustrate a comment then it could come under fair use, but if you are using the whole picture then you will need consent of the owner.