Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

I made a coat ( my own design) for myself using licensed

Customer Question

I made a coat ( my own design) for myself using licensed Chicago Cubs fabric. Many people want me to make one using their favorite Pro or College Team fabric. Can I legally sell them if I include a disclaimer that it is not an official product of that team, etc.
Thanks
I saw that there is a fee. I am not sure if this advice would be enough for me to move forward. I have customers waiting.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, there is a fee for the discussion. Did you wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
According to the site, I was to pay the fee if satisfied. Does that mean that I pay before I see answer? I have never used this site, just asking
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would probably prefer a phone conversation except I can't talk right now. Does that mean that it would be $59 plus the legal zoom fee?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not able to speak on the phone now. Do I re-contact through the site later?
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Call Request
This is not my offer, but the site's. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** you want it. Do not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and the first available expert calls. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.
Yes, as I understand it, the $59 is in addition to the Q&A fee.
Overall Fee
JustAnswer experts only answer questions and do not handle billing, but you can contact customer service - they are really helpful and can explain all billing issues.
The way it works is that the amount is taken out (as I understand it) is that the amount is taken out and placed into your JA account. However it is only "released" once you rate positively.
I do want to mention that you are not going to like the answer, likely. But the expert does not get credit unless you rate positively. Therefore, please do not shoot the messenger.
Finally note you are on JustAnswer.com, not LegalZoom.
Let me know when/if you wish to proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will have to decline at this time. Thank you for your time anyway
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Okay then. I will send this to customer service for you.