Robert McEwen, Esq.
Robert McEwen, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can I copyright my expert affidavits?

Customer Question

Can I copyright my expert affidavits?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Robert McEwen, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, to the point that there's a creative expression governing facts or opinions, that's copyrightable. Now the underlying facts and opinions are not copyrightable, but the form that you put them in an affidavit can be. Many legal form companies will copyright their affidavits that lay out what is being affirmed in the affidavit in a specific methodical way. That is copyrightable.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any questions before rating?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!