Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

I am working on creating a website for interpersonal trauma

Customer Question
survivors to establish a community...
I am working on creating a website for interpersonal trauma survivors to establish a community and to not feel so alone in their recovery process and to hopefully guide them to seek out professional help. I am planning on utilizing photographic art that users submit with a narrative of what the photo means to them in their process of trauma recovery, these photos and narrations will be published on the website without anyones names so that users have anonymity. I have typed up a small informed consent piece with the submission form but I want legal advice on it or what else I should put into place so I am legally sound.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No the website isn't live yet, I am just trying to be pro-active and find out what steps I need to take
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the informed consent I have created so far I am okay with changing anything I need to or starting from scratch, I took pieces from similiiar websites. "If you wish to be apart of this project please submit your photo along with a narration. All personal information asked in form will be kept private while the photo, photo title and narration will be published. By providing your signature at the bottom of the page you are verifying that you are 18 years or older and are acknowledging that your photograph, title and narration are to be used by reframeyourstory.org and reframeyourstory.org social media pages and any educational training. I agree that licensing parties may own the material submitted and anonymity will be kept to the best of the ability of reframeyourstory.org."
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
10/6/2016
IP Lawyer: LawyerDavid, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Lawyer

Hello: this sounds like an excellent website. I am also very impressed with the statement you have come up with in your comment for the site. I have some minor edits I would suggest below for your consideration:

"If you wish to be apart of this project please submit your photo along with a narration. All personal information asked in form will be kept private while the photo, photo title and narration will be published. By providing your signature at the bottom of the page you are verifying that you are 18 years or older and are acknowledging that your photograph, title and narration are to be used by reframeyourstory.org and reframeyourstory.org social media pages and any educational training. I agree that licensing parties may own the material submitted and anonymity will be kept to the best of the ability of reframeyourstory.org. In the event information you provide is unintentionally disclosed in any way, by submitting your information you expressly agree and hereby acknowledge that you waive any and all rights to assert a legal claim against the reframeyourstory.org or any affiliated parties with this site."

I hope this helps and best of luck with your endeavor! David

LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Lawyer