Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

In December 2015 my business partner and i purchased a UK

Customer Question
based company, Powertraveller LTD, We...
In December 2015 my business partner and i purchased a UK based company, Powertraveller LTD, We have since registered in the US as Powertraveller Inc. Also we have developed new updated products and releasing them into the market currently. Powertraveller LTD trademark registered the name Powertraveller in the US last year. Question#1 is now that we own Powertraveller LTD do we own the trademark. #2 how can we trademark Powertraveller under Powertraveller Inc.
Thank you *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
8/25/2016
IP Lawyer: Alex Reese, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer

hello

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

So if you purchased the company then you would naturally get the TM along with it (unless it's some rare situation where it was specifically excluded). You just need to hire a TM/IP attorney to file an "assignment recordation" with the USPTO so that the owner/assignee of record is changed from Powertraveller LTD to Powertraveller Inc.

It's an easy procedure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok that makes sense, thank you for your time,

you're welcome

and please RATE me so that I get credit for my assistance, thanks

Alex Reese
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer