How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We-----******************* were entrusted by

Customer Question

We-----******************* were entrusted by Ms.************* who is editor in charge of The Central conservatory of Music. Publishing Co., Inc. The questions are: 1. What is the legal way to get the grant of translation permission for the book-- Schirmer History of Music Copyright 1982 by Schirmer Books A Division of Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc. ISBN 0-02-872190-X 2. What is legal way to publish this same book in China after it will be translated in Chinese? Thank you for your online service. Please contact us: *********



Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have consent from the owner of the original copyright to make a derivative work of their copyrighted material? A translation of their copyrighted material is considered derivative works and as such you need their consent to make such use. You need to contact the publisher and get written consent before you can make the translation and then file it for publication in China.

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions