How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3916
Experience:  30 years of experience.
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a band whose name I registered as an FBN. I need a

Customer Question

I have a band whose name I registered as an FBN. I need a document that I can have band members sign relinquishing any claim on their part to audio, video, or photos produced while acting as an agent of the band. Not too long ago I had to cut a member from the band and she sent a cease and desist letter requiring me to remove all materials containing her image or voice from our website, youtube, and FB. I do not want this to happen again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

What you are looking for is a "Right of Publicity" release form. California law provides individuals with significant protections in regard to the use of their name and likeness. You want the members of the band to waive their claims to their publicity rights.

You can modify this form to meet your specific needs:

There are other examples of this type of release as well.

This link discusses the California Right of Publicity law and is worth reading:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am away the remainder of today through Monday. I will only have limited access to the system. Please be patient if I am unable to respond immediately to any follow up questions you may have.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Here is another good general relase form that you can use as a guide:

Good luck.

Kind regards,


Related Intellectual Property Law Questions