How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find copies of songs my brother and I registered

Customer Question

How can I find copies of songs my brother and I registered at USPTO in 1960s, 70s and 80s? Please advise. James D. Kirk, Jr.***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

The least expensive way to search for copyrighted materials is using the USTPO copyright Search engine.


(You say that you have "stumbled around the US Copyright Office" but I do not know if you have used this specific search engine/link as this is the tool that is specific to finding copyrighted materials).

Your other option is to hire someone to do the research for you. I would recommend contacting an IP attorney (see: and ask them for a referral (you do not need to hire an attorney, but their office should be able to give you a good referral for a local agent that can do the search for you if you cannot find the information yourself using the search engine above).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still stumbling at USPTO. I guess I'll have to stumble back to my old IP Atty.