CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

How can I find copies of songs my brother and I registered

Customer Question

How can I find copies of songs my brother and I registered at USPTO in 1960s, 70s and 80s? Please advise. James D. Kirk, Jr.***@******.***
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

The least expensive way to search for copyrighted materials is using the USTPO copyright Search engine.

Here: http://www.copyright.gov/records/

(You say that you have "stumbled around the US Copyright Office" but I do not know if you have used this specific search engine/link as this is the tool that is specific to finding copyrighted materials).

Your other option is to hire someone to do the research for you. I would recommend contacting an IP attorney (see: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/hiring-copyright-attorney.html) and ask them for a referral (you do not need to hire an attorney, but their office should be able to give you a good referral for a local agent that can do the search for you if you cannot find the information yourself using the search engine above).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still stumbling at USPTO. I guess I'll have to stumble back to my old IP Atty.