Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

Iam reaching out to you because I have some concerns about a

Customer Question
Hi, My name is Carlos *********...
My name is Carlos *********. Iam reaching out to you because I have some concerns about a situation ive been going through for some years now in my current job. I have been printing and designing my own ideas for the store I work with and I have had ut already. Ever since I started printing my own stuff that i created ive been promised commitions that ive never seen. This store is selling because of the things I make and I cant even be recognized for my own designs I make on my own laptop. I am fed up, been working in this compa u for 11 years and been getting paid the same amount 11 and hour since 10 years ago . I would like to take action and see what my options are if you guys can help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
7/7/2016
IP Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

This is considered a dangerous weapon under NY law.You decide whether you want to take the risk.It is unlikely they charge you but it is possible they could do so.You decide whether to assume the risk.

§ 265.01 Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
degree when:
(1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic
stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal
knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles,
metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type
slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or
(2) He possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto,
imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon
with intent to use the same unlawfully against another; or
(3) He or she knowingly has in his or her possession a rifle, shotgun
or firearm in or upon a building or grounds, used for educational
purposes, of any school, college or university, except the forestry
lands, wherever located, owned and maintained by the State University of
New York college of environmental science and forestry, or upon a school
bus as defined in section one hundred forty-two of the vehicle and
traffic law, without the written authorization of such educational
institution; or
(4) He possesses a rifle or shotgun and has been convicted of a felony
or serious offense; or
(5) He possesses any dangerous or deadly weapon and is not a citizen
of the United States; or
(6) He is a person who has been certified not suitable to possess a
rifle or shotgun, as defined in subdivision sixteen of section 265.00,
and refuses to yield possession of such rifle or shotgun upon the demand
of a police officer. Whenever a person is certified not suitable to
possess a rifle or shotgun, a member of the police department to which
such certification is made, or of the state police, shall forthwith
seize any rifle or shotgun possessed by such person. A rifle or shotgun
seized as herein provided shall not be destroyed, but shall be delivered
to the headquarters of such police department, or state police, and
there retained until the aforesaid certificate has been rescinded by the
director or physician in charge, or other disposition of such rifle or
shotgun has been ordered or authorized by a court of competent
jurisdiction.
(7) He knowingly possesses a bullet containing an explosive substance
designed to detonate upon impact.
(8) He possesses any armor piercing ammunition with intent to use the
same unlawfully against another.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree is a class A
misdemeanor.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Please ignore this it was a site error, other experts will pick this up.Please don't respond or rate here, thanks.

IP Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Carlos. JustAnswer experts provide general information. I can tell you what your options are, how to find an attorney, what rights inventors/artists have in such situations, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot represent you.

So if acceptable, please reply and let me know what I can answer for you about this.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Ely, Counselor at Law