Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

I have an idea and would like to present to companies

Customer Question
for a Licensing Agreement to...
I have an idea and would like to present to companies for a Licensing Agreement to collect royalties I just do not want my idea stolen and I lose out. How can I avoid that ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
5/23/2016
IP Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. One can ask the company to sign a non-disclosure/non-circumvention agreement, which would have them be disallowed to create such a design, pursue such an idea, etc. They have to be willing to sign it, of course. Assuming they are, then they would be contractually prohibited from stealing said idea. Let me know if you need a sample copy of such an agreement. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Ely, Counselor at Law