How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PhillipsEsq Your Own Question
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
PhillipsEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our family home educates with a small group of other families.

Customer Question

Our family home educates with a small group of other families. All of us have purchased the same educational material from a certain company. This material is being taught to the students. All of the teaching is voluntary. The company is telling us that we need to be a licensed group under them to use their material. Are we infringing on their copyright if we are not violating what is stated in the front of the books regarding the copyright?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.
No, you are not. There is no law that states that you need to be licensed with a particular company in order to use their material, which is available to the general public. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.