Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

What is the best business/legal strategy vs costs .... a set

Customer Question

what is the best business/legal strategy vs costs .... a set of 5 principles should be trademarked as one unit or should they be trademarked as individual principles? One of the principle would be ... the principle of intent ... others have also referred to them as natural laws so this also makes me wonder if the principle similar ti INTENT can be trademarked? Thank you - john
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.
hello. A trademark is a word or symbol that designates goods or services in commerce. Can you clarify your question? What are you wanting to trademark exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi:
To re-state my question ... we have developed a professional development program to help individuals find more success in business when dealing in cross cultural situations. A significant part of this program are 5 key principles that we use to deliver the training. One of these 5 principles is the principle of INTENT. There are 4 more. The question is ... when considering business strategies vs legal ownership and safety, is it better to trademark the 5 principles as one trademark that includes all 5 principles or is it better to trademark each principle individually? I hope this is much clearer but please do let me know if I have not been clear with my request. Thank you - John
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.
Any original/creative written materials that you create for the program can be protected by copyright law, and any names/logos/symbols you use to represent the program can be protected by trademark. A list of principles, or a single principle (e.g. "Intent"), however, does not fall into copyright or trademark protection.
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.
please don't forget to RATE me