Intellectual Property Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified ip lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All ip lawyers are VERIFIED
There is a song, "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly"
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
There is a song, "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" (aka "I Know an Old Woman..." and "There Was an Old Woman...") which is not in the PD. It was written/copyrighted in 1952. … read more
I have a question regarding an original art piece created
socrateaser, ip lawyer
Good evening. I have a question regarding an original art piece created which may have potential trademark and copyright issues and I would like to make sure before I submit it and if it will be okay … read more
I have a question about copyright and would like to have one
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I have a question about copyright and would like to have one of my designs personally reviewed by an IP professional. What will I receive for this service?… read more
I currently sell T-shirts online and recently had another
Robert McEwen, Esq.
Robert McEwen, Esq., Lawyer
Hello I currently sell T-shirts online and recently had another seller contact me to remove a shirt i have for sale because she has a design similar to it. … read more
I am looking on using "fan art" in my embroidery design
Ely, Counselor at Law
I am looking for information on using "fan art" in my embroidery design business. There is such a fine line, and want to be sure I can do this legally. For example, this artwork listed on Etsy: https:… read more
We wanted to use an image of R2D2 projecting "Launch 2016"
socrateaser, ip lawyer
We wanted to use an image of R2D2 projecting "Launch 2016" from his head projector. Above him it says "Use the Force". This is put on a drink cooler that is also a seat thT you can take to a football … read more
Hi there!I am the owner of an online childrens store and
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Hi there! I am the owner of an online children's store and I am searching for a trademark/copyright answer. I am curious...would it be considered legal to purchase and sell these items on my own websi… read more
> Context: We are a mobile game publisher and we launch a
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
gt; Context: We are a mobile game publisher and we launch a trivia game for iPhones and iPads called QuizUp (this is a real app not from us, you can download it for iOS). -> Questions to investigat… read more
I am on the Board of a co-op art show. It is a juried show
socrateaser, ip lawyer
I am on the Board of a co-op art show. It is a juried show and artists are expected to exhibit for sale their original art work as well as reproductions thereof. I am concerned about copyright infring… read more
My son who is 16 years old is an artist. What he does is take
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Employment Technology & Business Lawyer
My son who is 16 years old is an artist. What he does is take pictures off the internet such as disney characters, movie/TV stars, musicians etc and draws them. Everyone asks him if he can make them s… read more
Im currently designing an outdoor mural and the buildings
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I'm currently designing an outdoor mural and the building's owner would like me to paint recognizable celebrities (e.g. Humprey Bogart, Marilyn Monroe, etc). If I'm using photos downloaded from the we… read more
I just produced a 10 minute video on Youtube, uploaded it,
socrateaser, ip lawyer
I just produced a 10 minute video on Youtube, uploaded it, and was informed that the video would not be published because of copyright restrictions. It was noted that the audio-visual content inside m… read more
I am an art consultant and am creating a newsletter to send
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
I am an art consultant and am creating a newsletter to send to possible clients. As a design in my newsletter I am using an image of a very famous painting over fifty years old. The painting is by Kan… read more
What is the New York courts fine art” vs. commercial art”
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
What is the New York courts “fine art” vs. “commercial art” distinction? What is the meaning of aesthetic in the US law?… read more
I am a oil painter....I have painted a painting of a scene
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
I am a oil painter....I have painted a painting of a scene in my community and added picasso's design and "take on it". Can I copyright my painting? My original work + Picasso's ? Mary… read more
I will have to get a list of the painting titles and whatever
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
I will have to get a list of the painting titles and whatever photos I have from 45 years ago. How do I get back to this computer location to let you know I am ready to submit data to be followed up? … read more
A non-profit art museum wishes to display 9 examples of automotive
Louis J. Alfieri
Louis J. Alfieri, Patent Attorney
A non-profit art museum wishes to display 9 examples of automotive cartoon art created by a single artist and published in a monthly magazine from 1949 - 1954. Displayed would be the actual magazine p… read more
I am an artist and about a year and I have a company scan and
socrateaser, ip lawyer
I am an artist and about a year and I had a company scan and color correct one of my painting. It is a yellow rose, "PENNY"S ROSE". I had this do so that I could havea Giclees made to sell. This compa… read more