How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am ***** *****, its regarding an app developing company

Customer Question

I am ***** *****, its regarding an app developing company that after a year long process terminated the contract, because I simply asked for a copy of the contract. It was an ensign type document, that disappeared after it was signed with no way to print it or forward copy to others. He was already cash rich from taking $7400 of the budget on a $15,760 app project.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He claims we breached the contract by not giving him the materials he needed to do his job. His work was so shorty we had to pay others to redo all the artwork he his team did. No where near the work and designs we asked for. After negotiation to start the process over from scratch he pulls this scam on us.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you did provide him what was needed for the job and he failed to provide what the contract said he was to provide (I know you cannot get the copy of the contract just yet) then you have to file a lawsuit against them for breach of contract. As part of your suit, then you can get the court to order them to produce the copy of the contract you agreed to and they would have to produce evidence in court to show that you failed to cooperate and breached the contract first.
So, at this point if they will not negotiate, your only option left is filing suit against the company to get your money returned.

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions