Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

May I use a set of nonprofit bylaws found on the Internet in…

Customer Question
May I use a set...
May I use a set of nonprofit bylaws found on the Internet in a publication and on a cd if I give credit to the author
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
2/23/2016
IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are going to copy the bylaws verbatim in a publication, then you need to get permission of the author in writing. You cannot reproduce the entire work, that would exceed fair use, so it would require written consent of the author.
I did not request a membership nor do I want one . this was a one time request
I did not offer you a membership, if you received such an offer it came from the site without the expert's knowledge. I apologize, as the experts are not employees of this site we cannot stop the site from sending those offers.
I am not showing you are a subscription customer though, only one question.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.