Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
10285032

May I use a set of nonprofit bylaws found on the Internet in

Customer Question

May I use a set of nonprofit bylaws found on the Internet in a publication and on a cd if I give credit to the author
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are going to copy the bylaws verbatim in a publication, then you need to get permission of the author in writing. You cannot reproduce the entire work, that would exceed fair use, so it would require written consent of the author.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not request a membership nor do I want one . this was a one time request
I did not offer you a membership, if you received such an offer it came from the site without the expert's knowledge. I apologize, as the experts are not employees of this site we cannot stop the site from sending those offers.
I am not showing you are a subscription customer though, only one question.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.