Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I have one novel on Amazon, and my late husband has 6 novels…

Customer Question
I have one novel on...
I have one novel on Amazon, and my late husband has 6 novels on Amazon. I had a falling out with our editor because he tried to take advantage of me at an author's luncheon. In the past, he had sent me a royalty check for about $16.00. If he receives any more, I don't think he will follow them to me. How can I receive them?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
2/19/2016
IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he is not sending you royalties as due then you would have to file a civil suit against him for damages. Also, you need to review the contract with him, because you could seek to terminate his contract and be done with him and then notify Amazon that you should receive payments directly. Those are the two options you have here. Sue him or seek to terminate the contract if the contract allows for it.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer