Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

Why is it that I spent 7 years writing Farewell to America…

Customer Question
Why is it that I...
Why is it that I spent 7 years writing Farewell to America but no one seems to worry about me having a copyright and am registered with the Library of Congress. I spent money for all that, but people printing my book do not care. I believe that anyone that copies my book word for word is violating U.S. law. If I had a job and someone came and got my paycheck that would be stealing. I spent 7 years writing my book and thieves are printing it and stealing MY money. I traveled the world doing research. I spent $6,000 for research. That book is MINE.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2016
IP Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Okay, I understand that someone is printing your book without your permission. What can I answer for you in regards ***** *****?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.