Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I am a visual artist residing in USA. I found on line a

Customer Question
photograph authored by a Romanian...
I am a visual artist residing in USA. I found on line a photograph authored by a Romanian artist.
I want to know how can I formulate a request for permission to use this photograph as model for a painting.
Thank you,
Mihaela Savu, MFA
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
2/1/2016
IP Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Here is a link to some sample request for permission letters: http://www.upress.virginia.edu/information-for-authors/current-authors/sample-permission-request-and-release-letters/

Also see a guide from legalzoom that could interest you (it cuts off the sample form because the site wants to sell you the form): https://www.legalzoom.com/assets/legalforms/Request%20for%20Permission%20to%20Reproduce%20Images.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer