Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I am a visual artist residing in USA. I found on line a

Customer Question
photograph authored by a Romanian...
I am a visual artist residing in USA. I found on line a photograph authored by a Romanian artist.
I want to know how can I formulate a request for permission to use this photograph as model for a painting.
Thank you,
Mihaela Savu, MFA
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
2/1/2016
IP Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Here is a link to some sample request for permission letters: http://www.upress.virginia.edu/information-for-authors/current-authors/sample-permission-request-and-release-letters/

Also see a guide from legalzoom that could interest you (it cuts off the sample form because the site wants to sell you the form): https://www.legalzoom.com/assets/legalforms/Request%20for%20Permission%20to%20Reproduce%20Images.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?