Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

Its me again. Does it cost money to licensing or do I pay a…

Customer Question
Its me again Roger. Does...
Its me again Roger. Does it cost money to licensing or do I pay a portion of the profit for THe Walking Dead?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/30/2016
IP Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - yes, it costs for a license -- either a royalty or a flat fee is normal.

How do I go about brokering a licensing deal? Do I need to go through a lawyer?

It is possible to do this without a lawyer.....if you can just call owner and ask what a license fee will cost you. But, if there are negotiations required to obtain the license, you may want to consult a lawyer to assist.

How do I get ahold of the people I would need to talk to in order to get a Licensing Deal from The Walking Dead?

You'd need to contact the USPTO and ask who holds the trademark on the name you're wanting to use and obtain their contact information or you can try to search online first and see what you find. Here's a link: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

Hello Roger, I had a question.I want to create a film and card game company called Tornado Studios. Is that name already taken?
Roger, Lawyer