How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3466
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost a patent lawsuit due to poor legal advice. I am

Customer Question

I lost a patent lawsuit due to poor legal advice. I am looking for a lawyer has knowledge of patents and legal malpractice, and will take this case on contingency. I will be suing a very large law firm and have plenty of evidence of the malpractice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.

hello. are you looking for a referral for an attorney that you an hire to represent you or do you have some particular legal question?

Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.

let me know and I will follow up with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know an attorney who specializes in legal malpractice and has knowledge of patent law. I live in the Los Angeles area.
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.

I think your best bet is too talk to a number of patent litigation attorneys to see if any will take your case. There aren't any attorneys that really specialize in legal malpractice claims, and even if there were they would not have adequate knowledge of patent you need a patent attorney. Finding an attorney to handle the case on contingency adds an additional hurdle. To be honest, you will have a hard time finding a qualified attorney to take a legal malpractice case on contingency....that's just a very narrow proposition and most attorneys do not like malpractice + contingency cases, and you need one that is a patent attorney or can work closely with one. JustAnswer is not a referral service so I don't have access to any network etc. but you can find patent attorney in the LA area using sites like, and