Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I lost a patent lawsuit due to poor legal advice. I am

Customer Question
looking for a lawyer has...
I lost a patent lawsuit due to poor legal advice. I am looking for a lawyer has knowledge of patents and legal malpractice, and will take this case on contingency. I will be suing a very large law firm and have plenty of evidence of the malpractice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
1/19/2016
IP Lawyer: Alex Reese, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer

hello. are you looking for a referral for an attorney that you an hire to represent you or do you have some particular legal question?

let me know and I will follow up with you

I want to know an attorney who specializes in legal malpractice and has knowledge of patent law. I live in the Los Angeles area.

I think your best bet is too talk to a number of patent litigation attorneys to see if any will take your case. There aren't any attorneys that really specialize in legal malpractice claims, and even if there were they would not have adequate knowledge of patent law...so you need a patent attorney. Finding an attorney to handle the case on contingency adds an additional hurdle. To be honest, you will have a hard time finding a qualified attorney to take a legal malpractice case on contingency....that's just a very narrow proposition and most attorneys do not like malpractice + contingency cases, and you need one that is a patent attorney or can work closely with one. JustAnswer is not a referral service so I don't have access to any network etc. but you can find patent attorney in the LA area using sites like lawyers.com, avvo.com and martindale.com