Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

I have a fitness accessory that is worn at the gym. To you

Customer Question
I have a fitness accessory...
I have a fitness accessory that is worn at the gym. To you have a good patent company that is trustworthy and works well with Alibaba?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
I have three patent ideas: Need an affordable and experienced patent expert that can direct me to the prototype maker for 1) fitness clothing accessory, 2) ragdoll (battery included), 3) Food product. Want to start with one idea/invention and move to others with reliable company that can direct me from Website creation (marketing) to manufacturing. One item may only need to be licensed to gym clothing makers. (Heard Alibaba might have a bad reputation). I do not have a lot of money to work with, so want to be careful to make the right moves correctly. What do you recommend?
I will have to mortgage my house to make the investment, so would be open to working with a partner who has experience in this process and share an equity position with a financial donation (I suppose incorporation would be the first step).
I am retired on a small social security and can't extend my financial obligations beyond what I can afford, so a knowledgeable partner in inventing/distribution and demand of products would be extremely helpful also.
12/18/2015
IP Lawyer: Sydney-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Sydney-Lawyer

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Patents in Australia are granted by IP Australia

http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/

You have to talk to them and they can provide you details of patent attorneys that do this type of work

Here is a link that will allow you to search for them

https://ipta.org.au/

Alibaba is like ebay where sellers go online to sell products. If you are the one that has designed the items then you can apply but the attorney can assist you in all of this and the process.

I would suggest that before you do anything further and spend money you should contact a patent atttorney and they will go through the process with you. It is a specialised area and they are the correct people to talk to.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

I am NOT interested in an Australian patent attorney. I live in America. I was looking for someone to narrow down my search to three patent attorneys are one that was very good in the United States. I do not feel that you answered my question adequately. I already knew those answers. I would never gone to your site without doing some due diligence first

I have asked for it to be sent to the correct category.

IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR in the US.
Unfortunately, while we can suggest some of the better Patent firms for you, what we cannot do is guarantee you anything about prices on services that they charge. So, if you would like a couple of suggestions on that basis, we would be happy to assist.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer