How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3466
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a patent on a product in the US. A UK individual has

Customer Question

I have a patent on a product in the US. A UK individual has copied our product exactly and repackaged it. They are now selling it on Ebay in the US under a different name. They are located in the UK. What can I do about this situation, if any?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.

hello. you should consult with a patent litigation attorney and have them send a Cease & Desist letter. You can try to write/send the letter yourself but it may not have the desired impact and you will likely have to have the attorney do it later. if the product falls within the scope of your patent and they are selling it in the US (or having it imported in to the US) then that is patent infringement.