Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

Would I have to make a product that I want to get patented

Customer Question
for the purpose of selling...
Would I have to make a product that I want to get patented for the purpose of selling my idea to a company or would I have to get my product made by a manufacturer and then present my finish product to the company that I would like to license my product
to?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
12/17/2015
IP Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Can you give us some general idea of what type of product it is or what class of products it belongs in so we can better assist you?

2. Are you asking about how to keep a manufacturer from stealing your idea before you can license it?

Alex Reese
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer