Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

I paid an artist drawing of my kids. Can I include a copy in

Customer Question

i paid an artist for a drawing of my kids. Can I include a copy in my christmas cards?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes if someone in your situation purchased the drawing, and there was no clause in a contract that states that the ownership limited reproduction, etc.

Since the vast majority of such purchases do not have such a limiting clause, the assuming it does not - yes.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.