How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 102141
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from and pham and would like legal

Customer Question

Customer: hello, i received a letter from johnson and pham and would like legal counselRead more:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: an agent from johnson and pham bought one of my bose headphones that were verified by them to be counterfeit. They asked for accounting information and supplier information, which I provided. I would like to seek legal counsel and help with the settlement negotiations.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Intellectual Property Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I understand the situation. What can I answer for you in regards ***** *****?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be served if I stop responding to them? they have my phone number which i could cancel. they have my address which i have no ownership of. they also have my email of which i could cancel. Is there a way out of this mess?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It is up to them whether or not to file suit. They can technically even file on now. They may be more interested in the actual manufactorer than the distributor (i.e. you). However, they can still file suit, and may do so if someone in your situation stops cooperating (so as to get the information via subpoena which is only available as part of a suit).

The best way to resolve this is to retain counsel, and agree to a settlement with them, possibly in providing them with all the information one has but only if they agree in writing to waive their ability to sue and never to pursue you in Court. They may agree to something like this.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions