Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

Can I get my royalties if I have the songs and the

Customer Question
spreadsheets with the royalties I...
Can I get my royalties if I have the songs and the spreadsheets with the royalties I should have got. At the time back in 2009 when the songs were played I didn't have the work numbers like I do now from ASCAP. And at the time I didn't have them copyrighted like I do now. And at the time I didn't have my member ID but now I do. Do I have a chance of getting my royalties having all the information now?
They played a song for a symphony that totaled over a million dollars and the other songs were played on college radio, airlines, muzak in elevators and many genres of different radio stations. Do I have a chance of getting my royalties now? What are my chances of winning this case? I have all the words and they are typed on the spreadsheets. ********@yahoo.com ***********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
11/6/2015
IP Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

1. In which year did you discover that the songs were being performed without your consent?

2. Also, in which year did you license the songs through ASCAP?

Justanswer provides a phone call option for customers. This is fine for Q&A sessions where the expert is not a lawyer. However, lawyers cannot split fees with a nonlawyer, and because Justanswer, LLC is not a law firm, I cannot accept any phone call option.

I can, however, make an additional services offer, which you may accept or decline at your convenience (customary legal services fees will apply). Please let me know if you're interested. Otherwise, we can continue here, if you choose.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Alex Reese
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer