How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The printer of my book destroys my book manuscript. I want

Customer Question

The printer of my book destroys my book manuscript. I want to sue her for my intellectual properties My book has been held in hostage. I cannot publish it Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What help would you like? Have you obtained a local attorney and filed suit against them yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know how to file the lawsuit Pro Se before November 2015.I cannot afford a lawyer now unless it's a contingency.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It says you request for a phone call payment failed. So I cannot call you.

You have a specific case, I cannot provide you a template for what you have to file that is specific to your facts, but what I can provide you is a template for a complaint that you have to file in court, with the summons, that you can use to draft your own complaint based on your facts for destruction of your property and replevin (return of your property):

You need to type up your complaint and you need to have it notarized when you sign it. Then you file it with the clerk of court in the circuit where the defendant is located. Then you serve the defendant a copy of the complaint and summons which they have to answer.

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions